posted Feb 24, 2016, 7:11 AM by Thomas Reeve
The Holliston Public Schools will accept applications for a limited number of “seats” for non-resident students exclusively under the State’s School Choice Law. The number of “seats” available has not yet been determined.
1. Applications for School Choice can be downloaded here
, and also may be obtained by contacting the Central Office, 370 Hollis Street, Holliston, MA 01746, telephone (508) 429-0654 extension 1139 or by email at “email@example.com”.
2. Applications for School Choice will be accepted by the Superintendent of Schools, via the U.S. Postal Service only between April 1 – April 15, 2016. NO APPLICATION WILL BE PROCESSED WITH A POSTMARK DATE PRIOR TO APRIL 1, 2016. Applications received with a postmark after April 15, 2016 will be placed on a waiting list in the order in which they are received.
Applications should be addressed to:
Office of the Superintendent of Schools
3. Admission will be determined by lottery, on a random basis, if number of applicants exceeds the number of available seats.
4. Students accepted for admission to the Holliston Public Schools will be notified by June 1, 2016. PLEASE NOTE THAT ACCEPTANCE INTO THE HOLLISTON PUBLIC SCHOOLS DOES NOT GUARANTEE PLACEMENT IN A PARTICULAR PROGRAM THAT YOU MAY HAVE REQUESTED. TRANSPORTATION TO/FROM SCHOOL IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE PARENT. SCHOOL BUS TRANSPORTATION IS NOT AN AVAILABLE OPTION. Such acceptance for admission must be submitted in writing no later than June 13, 2016. Failure to do so may result in withdrawal of the acceptance for admission.
5. Students not accepted who wish to be considered for acceptance in “2017-2018” must reapply.