Free and Reduced Meals Application
Telephone (508) 429-0677 ext. 1121
Children need healthy meals to learn. Holliston Public Schools offers healthy meals every school day. Lunch costs $3.25 at the elementary schools and $3.50 at the secondary schools. Your children may qualify for free meals or for reduced price meals. Reduced price is $0.40 for lunch. Children who qualify for free or reduced price meals may also be eligible for Pandemic EBT (P- EBT) benefits if the program is extended into the school year. Below are some common questions and answers to help you with the application process.
If you are not receiving Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits and have been approved for free or reduced price school meals, you may be eligible for SNAP, which provides monthly financial assistance to purchase groceries to Massachusetts residents who qualify. Find out if you are eligible for SNAP today by calling Project Bread's FoodSource Hotline at 1-800-645-8333 and a counselor can help you apply over the phone. You can also apply on your own online at DTA Connect: https://dtaconnect.eohhs.mass.gov/apply
Frequently Asked Questions
WHO CAN GET FREE OR REDUCED PRICE MEALS?
• All children in households receiving benefits from MA SNAP, MA TAFDC, FDPIR, or specific categories of Medicaid are eligible for free meals.
• Foster children that are under the legal responsibility of a foster care agency or court are eligible for free meals.
• Children participating in their school’s Head Start program are eligible for free meals.
• Children who meet the definition of homeless, runaway, or migrant are eligible for free meals.
• Children may receive free or reduced price meals if your household’s income is within the limits on the Federal Income Eligibility Guidelines. Your children may qualify for free or reduced price meals if your household income falls at or below the limits on this chart.
FEDERAL ELIGIBILITY INCOME CHART For School Year 2022 - 2023
|Each additional person||+8732||+728||+168|
HOW DO I KNOW IF MY CHILDREN QUALIFY AS HOMELESS, MIGRANT, OR RUNAWAY?
Do the members of your household lack a permanent address? Are you staying together in a shelter, hotel, or other temporary housing arrangement? Does your family relocate on a seasonal basis? Are any children living with you who have chosen to leave their prior family or household? If you believe children in your household meet these descriptions and haven’t been told your children will get free meals, please e-mail Jess Beattie at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 508-429-0654.