It has been so long since I have written these words but…welcome back to school lunch! While we have served your students and extended family over the past year & a half, we are returning to in person service and are very excited about seeing the smiling eyes of our customers once again.
What has changed?
· ALL STUDENTS ARE ELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE ONE FREE LUNCH DAILY No application required. However, eligibility for additional benefits such as reduced bus fees, testing fees may require an application to be submitted. If you receive an email saying that you have been “Directly Certified” you do not need to apply.
· Milk & More bags are free if your student has not already received a free full lunch. You may be familiar with this term if your student brought lunch from home this past year but wanted a milk. These bags contain a grain & either a fruit or vegetable in addition to milk which allows us to offer them for free.
· Due to these two benefits, we do not see a need for cash. This will allow us to swiftly and efficiently move our customers through the lunch lines.
What has not changed?
· Our desire and ability to serve delicious, nutritious meals to our customers in a welcoming environment by staff who care about your children.
That has always been, and continues to be, our main mission.
What are we struggling with?
· Supply chain issues with product availability of both food and supplies; deliveries from our vendors who are short staffed in their warehouses and with drivers, and even our vendors going out of business.
· Please be patient with menu changes as we scramble to find appropriate products to serve.
· Our website has changed, and you will find the most up to date menu here.
How can you help?
· Review the menu with your student the night before so they know what is offered and what they should order. This will help alleviate much of the delay in the serving line.
Working together, I am sure that none of our struggles are insurmountable. We are very grateful to be back at what we love to do and are excited about the opportunities this school year will bring; to reach and nourish more students than ever before.
“Gratitude can transform common days into thanksgivings, turn routine jobs into joy, and change ordinary opportunities into blessings.” (William Arthur Ward)
Director of Food Services